RPA is software that is used to automate high volume and repetitive tasks, which previously required a human. Here are trends in RPA which helps to enable the configuration of “digital workers” to capture the task on an existing application, such as processing transactions, transforming or manipulating data, triggering responses, and integrating with other digital systems.
The core value proposition of RPA is to reduce the human workforce from performing mundane, highly repetitive, and data-intensive tasks, freeing them up to focus on higher-value tasks. RPA bots can copy user actions, deficiency human error, and increasing efficiency. The software is also relatively less coded, resulting in faster time to market.
In the past years, many large organizations have made some form of investment in automation. According to Gartner, global robotic process automation (RPA) software revenue is projected to reach $1.89 billion this year.
Why is RPA adoption accelerating?
COVID pandemic has increased the need for automation. Over the past year, enterprises need to execute digital transformation strategies to turn to remote work, improve customer experience, and create new products, services, or communication channels. RPA software has been instrumental in making this a success by automating end-to-end transactional processes that previously humans were required to perform. It also boosts the ability to integrate with intelligent automation capabilities.
How do I know my organization will benefit from RPA?
RPA helps to provide an opportunity to automate human tasks that are repetitive, high volume, and rule-based. The following features indicate that you may be an ideal candidate for RPA:
- Data queries
- Data entry
- Data transfer to/from legacy systems
- Need Audit Capabilities
- A task that involves sensitive data
What are the benefits of RPA?
Organizations or Companies that adopt RPA software are benefiting from increases in efficiency and productivity by reducing repetitive and day-to-day human intervention within their operations. Additional benefits include:
- Various business tasks that require a lot of time can be automated.
- Using this, the number of employees can be reduced, which saves money.
- Productivity can be increased as robots can do more work in less time.
- Chances of mistakes in work can be reduced.
- It integrates with your existing IT infrastructure to further optimize the system.
- Using RPA, tasks are done faster and better, thereby improving the customer experience.
This Year’s RPA Trends
With RPA continuing to gain speed in the market, there are a number of trends to watch:
- Next-level business workflows built on RPA. – RPA is speedup automating, day-by-day tasks quickly and easily. Organizations are taking advantage of RPA and combining it with complementary technologies such as process orchestration and document intelligence to automate tasks.
- Prioritizing manual workflows. – RPA enables organizations to continuously move faster and innovate. This can help free up time, allowing the focus to be on more valuable, high-impact tasks.
- Connected ecosystems. – With the help of RPA, organizations are able to take things a step further and create an ecosystem of technologies, applications, and services to give their teams access to a network of services.
- Citizen developers. – Officially non-technical users who create simple automation for themselves and their departments, and citizen developers are instrumental in helping scale technologies within organizations.
- Artificial intelligence. – Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Intelligent Optical Character Recognition (OCR) are empowering citizen developers in intelligent automation platforms to achieve digital workflow transformation to accelerate work across enterprises.
LabRPA increases the conversation and bringing RPA and other elements of automation to our customers. Our automation practice helps us make our customers realize the value of RPA throughout their enterprise. Contact us today to learn more about how you can incorporate RPA into your business.